Finding a new tool to help you as a developer is always exciting. One that I would like to share with you that recently became available is the AEM Developer Chrome Extension. This extension is a great tool that can save you a lot of time when working with AEM. The extension was created by Nate Yolles, and you can check it out here on GitHub: aem-developer-chrome
You can also find the extension on the Google Chrome store here: AEM Developer Chrome Extension
Now you may be wondering what the tool has to offer. Here are some of its features:
- You can open the current page you are on in any of your defined environments with a click of one button.
- You can impersonate any user without having to go to the User Admin page. When you impersonate a user using the extension, it will simply reload the current page as that user.
- You can switch between classic view and the Touch UI with a click of a button. You can toggle the content finder off and on with a click of a button.
- It allows you to clear cached clientlibs, compiled JSPs, and run the garbage collector without going to the Felix console.
- You can go to crxde lite with a click of a button. If you have a page open and click the button, it will navigate to that page and that exact node in crxde lite.