For the second day, I decided to take the code I worked on in day 1 and to refactor it. For the first step, I broke up the code into new classes. Once I had this working, I decided that I wanted to try and create a plugin from this code so that way the code could be re-used in other projects. I also ran into some issues with my linting, so I updated the project to use the typescript version of the airbnb config.
For the first day, I decided to start simple and focus on getting the codebase setup that way I can keep my daily log and code in the same repository. Since I decided to use TypeScript for my challenge, this meant that I would need something to transpile my code so it can run in the browser, and I already had a template setup to do this. However, I didn’t want to create a seperate code base for each example since it would be hard to maintain, and ideally I only wanted one configuration file for the whole challenge.
Between work, home life, and the side projects I am working on, I haven’t been spending as much time on my game development projects as I would like. So in order to change things up, I thought it would be fun to challenge myself to coding an hour a day with the Phaser 3 framework by doing the #100DaysOfCode challenge. If you are not familiar, the #100DaysOfCode is a challenge to code for one hour a day for the next 100 days and to publicly commit to the challenge by tweeting your progress each day.